What if the-Wiseguy.com had an ETF?
We have started a new operation. It is called: “TWISE-ETF” (The What If Stock Expiriment). It is a working title. To explain it in simple words what if the-wiseguy.com had its own ETF trading only on our selected “Wiseguys” and conforming to our “Traffic light” for what to buy and what to sell. And maybe even more important when we do it and why we do that.
We (re)started this website in Q1 2020 and after a few growing pains we ran at full strenght from about May 2020. It is a full out Bull market as we are now recovering from the coronavirus lockdowns. All stocks are doing great and our model portfolio has already reached that 40% target this year. We claim to bring you at least a 40% annual profit every year. So we needed to check if all our good intentions explained in our strategy and arising therefrom our stockpicks in the list of wiseguys should actually result in a profitable fund. That is our very own The-Wiseguy.com ETF.
Off course Bill-Bull and I have our own portfolios and you can see the performance on our website. But the problem with that is that our private portfolios are made up out of shares we have owned for much longer. We started this website in June 2020. And we should actually have a portfolio that starts at the same time. So we are going to run a portfolio on yahoo finance that does just that. It meets all the requirements we set for our wiseguys stock and buy and sell orders we post on our website.
At the start of this ETF the traffic light condition was “Green” with 79% Stock and 21% Cash. That resulted in $1,050,000 in stock and $250,000 in cash.
We started this ETF on June 15th 2020 with an initial value of $1,300,00.00
Our current value is $ 1,379,608.54
- Update June 6th and 15th: – Started buying all stock from “The List” each at 9% of our total value ($ 1,300,00.00). The Traffic light is at 79% Stock – 21% Cash.
- Update June 22nd: – “Traffic light“ changed to 81% Stock and 19% Cash. adjusted our positions accordingly.
- Update June 24th: – No changes “Traffic light“ unchanged still 81% Stock and 19% Cash.
- Update June 29th: – “Traffic light“ changed 74% Stock and 26% Cash. – – SOLD Ehealth (EHTH) -$20.682,00 Loss (-19,5%)
- Update July 4th: – “Traffic light“ changed to 75% Stock and 25% Cash. We did not have to buy anything because the rise in stockprices made up for the 1% change.
Please keep in mind that the-wiseguy.com is investing ADVICE. We try to help you form an opinion on buying or selling a security. We will never command you to do so. Also we may already hold a position in a certain stock or may never buy it at all. We are not responsible for any gains or losses you may experience. Any security mentioned should be examined with ones own due diligence.