The-Wiseguy.com had an ETF?
We have started a new operation. It is called: “TWISE-ETF” (The What If Stock Experiment). It is a working title. To explain it in simple words what if the-wiseguy.com had its own ETF trading only on our selected “Wiseguys” and conforming to our “Traffic light” for when to buy and when to sell. And maybe even more important exactly what percentage of our portfolio we have to sell/buy.
We (re)started this website in Q1 2020 and after a few growing pains we ran at full strenght from about May 2020. It is a full out Bull market as we are now recovering from the coronavirus lockdowns. All stocks are doing great and our model portfolio has already reached that 40% target this year. We claim to bring you at least a 40% annual profit every year. So we needed to check if all our good intentions explained in our strategy and arising therefrom our stockpicks in the list of wiseguys should actually result in a profitable fund. That is our very own The-Wiseguy.com ETF.
Off course Bill-Bull and I have our own portfolios and you can see the performance on our website. But the problem with that is that our private portfolios are made up out of shares we have owned for much longer. We started this website in June 2020. And we should actually have a portfolio that starts at the same time. So we are going to run a portfolio on yahoo finance that does just that. It meets all the requirements we set for our wiseguys stock and buy and sell orders we post on our website.
At the start of this ETF the traffic light condition was “Green” with 79% Stock and 21% Cash. That resulted in $1,050,000 in stock and $250,000 in cash.
We started this ETF on June 15th 2020 with an initial value of $1,300,00.00
Our current value is $1,565.783,31
(20,04% in 6 months)
* portfolio history below
- Update November 22nd: “Traffic light“ changed to 94% Stock and 6% Cash. – We made a profit of 3% last week so in order to keep up with the 94% stock we had to buy some more stock. We bought Veeva Systems Inc. (VEEV) – @ $274,50. Beautifull timing. For us it was an almost perfect TA moment. We trade for the Long-Term (LT) and in the LT you will see that the shareprice dipped down just enough for us to buy. Looking back in one year you will see this was very nice timing. For the complete technical analisys please visit last Mondays post about the 3-star stock “Veeva Systems Inc.” by clicking this link: * * * stock of the week: VEEV
- Update November 15th: – Of the major indices some are up and some are down. But on average they are almost unchanged so our “Traffic light“ remains at 92% Stock, 8% Cash. The stock in our ETF are down a little compared to last week but we are also still at 92% stock of our total value. That means we are in line with our traffic light and do not have to make any changes.
- Update November 8th: – The “Traffic light“ is at 92% Stock, 8% Cash. Our ETF followed like most indices. So no changes to our positions were needed.
- Update November 1st: – The “Traffic light“ has changed to 91% Stock and 9% Cash. We have added Nvidia (NVDA).
- Update October 25th: – The “Traffic light“ has changed to 88% Stock and 12% Cash. We have added a little to our existing positions and added Hypoport SA one of our earliest wiseguys.
- Update October 18th: – The “Traffic light“ has changed to 85% Stock and 15% Cash. Therefor we had to buy some more. We decided to add Ocado Group from our *** List of wiseguys.
- Update October 12th: – The “Traffic light“ is back to GREEN with 83% Stock and 17% Cash. Because of that we had to add about 2% more shares to our portfolio positions (See My Holdings for more details).
- Update October 4th: – The “Traffic light“ remained at 80% Stock and 20% Cash. We will mark time. The US elections are coming up and there are more Covid-19 worries. We expect some buying oportunities ahead but not yet.
- Update September 27nd: – Altough everybody is afraid of a second wave of coronavirus the markets do not react to it. Instead they are going higher. Most indices are up from last week. Confidence is up and the vIX is going down. That measn our “Traffic light“ goes up and with 3 points this week. We are almopst in the green zone. One point left. It is at 80% Stock and 20% Cash. So we bought some more stock. We have increased our positions with about 7%. That doe snot 1 in 1 correspond with 3 points but for more info read the blogpost ETF.
- Update September 20th: – We are finally back to where we belong. Almost in the green zone. The “Traffic light“ is at 77% Stock and 23% Cash. That means we have to buy some more stock. We selected Servicenow (NOW) and MSCI Inc. (MSCI) from our ** list of wiseguys to match the 77% stock.
- Update September 14th: – Slowly we are getting back on the buy-side. “Traffic light“ changed to 64% Stock and 36% Cash. We added ITM Power (ITMPF) from our List of Wiseguys. Started with an 8% position to match the traffic light.
- Update September 6th: – “Traffic light“ changed to 58% Stock and 42% Cash. adjusted our positions accordingly.
- Update August 30th: After the negative week of last week. This week the indices moved up just a tiny little bit. The S&P500 is up 0.4%, The VIX moved 0.08% only the Nasdaq gained more than 2%. Mainly driven by the jump in FANTANG stock(split) news. Other than that it was a really slow week which is confirmed by our “Traffic light“ because it is stuck at 60% stock (and 40% cash). Maybe we need a pause for reflection. That is why we have the “Traffic light“. Sometimes it is better to just wait and see what will happen than to rush in because of FOMO*. The-Wiseguy once said: “Sometimes patience is a stocktraders most effective weapon” ….. Ooooh and fomo means fear of missing out 😉 …..
- Update August 23rd: We had to sell about 8% of all our stock positions because the general macro economic situation is starting to get critical. The “Traffic light“ changed to 40% Cash and 60% Stock. The indices are telling us we have to have almost 50% cash. We are getting close.
- Update August 16th: The “Traffic light“ changed to 36% Cash and 64% Stock. That means something is up – A flight to safety? We sold about 5% of all our positions. And increased our cash position.
- Update August 9th: – Traffic light is at 30% Cash. We sold 1 to 2% of all our positions The “Traffic light“ changed to 70% Stock and 30% Cash.
- Update August 1st: – Traffic light is at 26% Cash. We sold 50% of our worst position being Argenx (ARGX.BR). Argeenx was at 5% loss. Now we hold have only 235 shares left. The “Traffic light“ changed to 74% Stock and 26% Cash.
- Update July 26th: – There has been a sell off in stock because of corona virus fears. This might be a good time to buy. The “Traffic light“ changed to 77% Stock and 23% Cash. We bought Powercell PCEL.ST form our list of wiseguys. “Be greedy when others are fearfull”
- Update July 19th: – No changes “Traffic light“ unchanged still 70% Stock and 30% Cash.
- Update July 12th: – There is more fear in the markets as predictions become more uncertain. The “Traffic light“ changed to 70% Stock and 30% Cash. That is why we had to sell 6.5% of our portfolio to stay on track with current “Traffic light“ condition.
- Update July 4th: – “Traffic light“ changed to 75% Stock and 25% Cash. We did not have to buy anything because the rise in stockprices made up for the 1% change.
- Update June 29th: – “Traffic light“ changed 74% Stock and 26% Cash. – – SOLD Ehealth (EHTH) -$20.682,00 Loss (-19,5%)
- Update June 24th: – No changes “Traffic light“ unchanged still 81% Stock and 19% Cash.
- Update June 22nd: – “Traffic light“ changed to 81% Stock and 19% Cash. adjusted our positions accordingly.
- Update June 6th and 15th: – Started buying all stock from “The List” each at 9% of our total value ($ 1,300,00.00). The Traffic light is at 79% Stock – 21% Cash.
For our members:
Upon request we will (re)send all the updates, overviews and holding summaries. And you can always download them from the password protected part of our website, the wiseguys members area.
Please keep in mind that the-wiseguy.com provides high-quality information. However detailed and excellent it might be. It is not financial advice.
Our lawyer would say: The-wiseguy.com tries to help you form an opinion on buying or selling a certain security. We will never tell you to do so. Also we may already hold a position in a certain stock or may never buy it at all. Our information does not take in account your investment objectives, particular needs or financial situation. Therefor we are not responsible for any gains or losses you may experience. Any security mentioned should be examined with ones own due diligence. Always consult a licensed and trustworthy profesional before making a financial decision.